Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to General Physician on Fever And High Pulse Rate

person-avatar

Asking for Other, Male, 14 years old, Punjab

Doctor my 15 year son have low grade fever from one month 99to 100 at evening .and he has already taken cefixime 400mg for 7days .and azithromicine 250mg 7 days.but temperature is not going to settlte.and he is also taking inderal 10mg thrice daily for palpation.his heart beat goes to 170 .when he stands and goes 100 when he sits.all other test cbc ,throid profile,echo all tests are normal but today his typhi dot igm is positive.someone said this test is not reliable for typhoid .i m worried about his temperature,headache and pulse,please help me what i do now?

General Physician in Karachi - Dr. Rais Burni

Dr. Rais Burni - General Physician

MBBS | Karachi

review-stars

131 Positive Reviews

There as so many other causes,may b u concentrate on one of them.take an appoin...or online appoin..

General Physician in Lahore - Dr. Irfana Amir

Can you plz share all the tests results done so far. Has any x-ray chest done??Is there any history of cough or diarrhea ?? Positive IgM in Typidot test indicates Typhoid fever for which quinolone antibiotic like ciprofloxacin should be started for 14 days course. But fluctuating heart rate is still unexplainable , get him seen by cardiologist for holter monitoring. BEST ADVICE IS TO GET HIM HOSPITALIZED FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATIONS AND MANAGEMENT.

His holter monitoring test is done. Which reports sinus techicardia, also echo is done which states trace tr and trace mr which is normal is some children. Chest x-rays was done 15 days ago which was normal. No cough or diarrhea is reported in last 15 days.

4 years ago

If you think he is stable enough to be treated at home ,Then start ciprofloxacin 500mg twice daily for 14 days and for fever paracetamol 1 gm when needed.
Inderal should be given regularly and plz don’t stop it on your own without the advice of the doctor who has started it,
For low grade fever for a month , to rule out any suspected TB , serum Quantiferon test should be done. I would like to see his CBC, ESR and CRP results reports if you can provide. Thanks

4 years ago

Also if he has been tested for malaria?? Or anyone has given malaria prophylaxis or no ?

4 years ago

I also performed his blood culture .initial report is gram positive cocci.what ia this

4 years ago

But you wrote before that all the tests were normal.Now telling blood culture was positive ..... Please continue with the same doctor who was involved in the initial management of your son. May Allah bless him with complete recovery. Thanks

4 years ago

Endocrinologist in Lahore - Dr. Muhammad Aleem

Dr. Muhammad Aleem - Endocrinologist

MBBS, FCPS Medicine, MRCP (UK), FCPS Endocrinology | Lahore

review-stars

25 Positive Reviews

Blood pressure?

He needs detailed evaluation in clinic setting
Thnx

Member of Marham-Forum

cap gabica 50 mg rat ko for heart beat

Attach Photo here: