Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Dentist on Swollen Painless Gum

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 21 years old, karachi

Assalam o Alaikum, My right side wisdom tooth is erupting, It had partially erupted however the gum around my wisdom tooth is swollen but its not hurting and when i checked it from my finger it was moving but it is not causing me any discomfort nor hurting. According to my mother it had happened to her during her wisdom teeth eruption as well, and later went away when the tooth popped out completely, I cannot visit the Dentist due to corona as right now I am not well as well. If any doctor could suggest me any Medicine or remedy for the swollen gum only around the wisdom tooth to go away I shall be thankful to them.

Dentist in Rawalpindi - Dr. Moiza Ijaz

Dr. Moiza Ijaz - Dentist

BDS, FCPS (Prosthodontics) | Rawalpindi

review-stars

5 Positive Reviews

AOA . mostly it's a natural process during eruption of wisdom tooth. need not visit the dentist. u can take online consultation so that I can see the situation if it needs any intervention or not. medications if needed will be prescribed only after looking at the area around tooth. use following link for appointment
https://www.marham.pk/online-consultation/dentist/rawalpindi/dr-moiza-ijaz-20963
or call 042-32591427, 429 for appointment

Dentist in Peshawar - Dr. Sardar M H

Dr. Sardar M H - Dentist

BDS | Peshawar

review-stars

3 Positive Reviews

OK no need to visit Dentist if yu have no symptoms.. symptoms usually starts when food start accumulating in that area.. yu need to brush twice daily and use Mouth wash Enziclor twice daily..once the Corona peak goes down get an XRAY which will show where this tooth will erupt or it should be extracted...

Dentist in Karachi - Dr. Maryam

Dr. Maryam - Dentist

| BDS | MD | | Karachi

walikum Assalam, usually when tooth erupt the gum will swell but when you are well do visit doctor and check because most of the time wisdom tooth are partially or full impacted and it affects the surrounding tooth.
For the time being, take luke warm add pinch of salt and then gargle it.
maintain good oral hygiene, two times brush before sleep at night time or at morning after break fast.

Dentist in Multan - Dr. Musaab Hamid

Dr. Musaab Hamid - Dentist

BDS | Multan

review-stars

23 Positive Reviews

just put 1 tablespoon salt in boiled water, fill it up in a syringe and irrigate under the moving gum to flush out debris, don't inject

Dentist in Karachi - Asst. Prof. Dr. Saima Asim

Asst. Prof. Dr. Saima Asim - Dentist

BDS, MPH, C- ENDO, C- ORTHO | Karachi

Walykomusalam
Hot saline gargle 3 times a day

Dentist in Karachi - Dr. Irfan Hussain

Dr. Irfan Hussain - Dentist

Dental hygienist | Karachi

review-stars

3 Positive Reviews

simply rinsing the mouth wash if any u know

Dentist in Lahore - Asst. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Danial Khalid

Asst. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Danial Khalid - Dentist

BDS, MSc (Oral Biology), MFGDP, Cert.Oral Med | Lahore

You may be suffering from pericoronitis. This is a common condition that may affect every 1 in 10 individuals in Pakistan according to a recent study. Please make sure that you alleviate or manage your mental stress if you are stressed out due to any situation e.g. exams. There is a strong relation between stress and pericoronitis. This condition may go away by itself, but in the case of lower third molars (wisdom teeth), an X-ray has to be done to determine the severity. All you need first is a thorough clinical examination. Sometimes only irrigation of the affected area with normal saline followed by routine antibiotic course resolves the condition. You may not need a surgery in all cases. But this can only be determined after you visit a dentist you trust, a thorough clinical examination and an X-ray.
You do not need to worry about COVID19 as there are many practices as well as private hospitals following very strict SOPs for dental practice.

Dentist in Karachi - Dr. Ibrahim Muhammad Zafar

it's v common in erupting wisdom tooth and especially the age you are in.
Rinse Daily with warm salt water and take small sips and tilt your head towards the effected side. also check if lower wisdom tooth has erupted or not. then I can tell you what needs to be done next.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories