Home Search Menu Profile

Book Video Consultation

Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychologist on Sexually Abused Kid Faces Psychological Issues As He Became Young

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Male 26, Sahiwal

I am asking from psychologists. I was sexually abused when i was kid. Now i am suffering with the problems like ocd depression and paraphilia. My psychologist is treating me with cbt therapy for ocd and some other techniques to treat depression. Well i have heard from internet that kids who are sexually abused and suffering with psychological problems needs special types of treatment ie some techniques to clear patients mind to forget those childhood memories. Is it true? Or second question is that is my psychologist treating me the way kids who r sexually abused should be treated. Or there is some other methods to do it. Kindly explain. Correct me if i am wrong. Thank you

Psychologist in Rawalpindi - Sobia Kiran

Sobia Kiran - Psychologist

BS- Behavioral Sciences, Advance Diploma in Clinical Psychology | Rawalpindi

review-stars

11 Positive Reviews

You should discuss openly with your Psychologist. Share your concerns with your therapist ... EMDR is also a therapy to forget traumatic experiences.

Psychologist in Lahore - Mohammad Zafar Iqbal

Mohammad Zafar Iqbal - Psychologist

MSc (Psychology), DIP (Sexology), DHMS, International Affiliate Member American Psychological Association Division 38 (USA) | Lahore

review-stars

93 Positive Reviews

really painful to read your complaint like sexualy abuse .
yes should consult a psycho-sexologist (a psychologist as well as sexologist) for better therapeutic interventions
visit my profile

Psychologist in Lahore - Dr. Rakia Ashraf

Dr. Rakia Ashraf - Psychologist

BS (Hons.), Ms, PhD Scholar | Lahore

review-stars

2 Positive Reviews

EMDR i.e Eye Moment Desensitization and Reprocessing and some techniques of CBT and Gestalt therapy work best for trauma survivors...
You also need to take treatment for paraphilia too
In case you need help for sexual issue like paraphilia you can ask your psychologist or you can contact me via marham

Psychologist in Rawalpindi - Ms. Fizzah Tahir

Ms. Fizzah Tahir - Psychologist

BS in Behavioral Sciences, Advanced Diploma in Clinical Psychology | Rawalpindi

review-stars

9 Positive Reviews

Don't Google about much about your problem. Discuss each and everything with your therapist in detail. She is giving you right treatment. EMDR helps in forgetting the traumatic experiences.

Psychologist in Karachi - Daniyal Riaz

Daniyal Riaz - Psychologist

Mphil (Clinical Psychology), Lisenced Hypnotherapist (USA) | Karachi

review-stars

93 Positive Reviews

Dear concerned, I can understand your feelings. I request you to avoid searching on any of these issues because there are more chances that the provided information on such search engines may miss lead you resulting serious confusion and mistrust on your therapist. I am pretty hopeful that the interventions your therapist have selected for you are the best for your benefits even though if you are still concerned than kindly consult me and I'll guide you.

Psychologist in Faisalabad - Ms. Hafsa Farrukh

Ms. Hafsa Farrukh - Psychologist

MS Clinical Psychology, Msc in Applied Psychology | Faisalabad

review-stars

26 Positive Reviews

Dear a sincere advice for u is that keep ur trust and faith on ur psychologist as CBT is one of the best therapeutic intervention its a complete program which can deal effectively with ur trauma and depression as well.

Psychologist in Faisalabad - Ms. Maryam Shahzadi

Ms. Maryam Shahzadi - Psychologist

MS Clinical Psychology | Faisalabad

review-stars

29 Positive Reviews

What therapy your psychologist is providing you as a treatment?

CBT

4 years ago

Psychologist in Lahore - Nilam Mukhtar

Nilam Mukhtar - Psychologist

BS Applied Psychology, MS Psychology | Lahore

review-stars

42 Positive Reviews

CBT is Bxt Therapy way,,,, Keeeppp trust on Ur Psychologist,,,, if uuuu r Getng well by his r her TreatMnt Thn carry on,,,, otherwise Visit The New 1.....

Psychologist in Lahore - Dr. Squadron Leader R Ahmed Salman

Dr. Squadron Leader R Ahmed Salman - Psychologist

Masters in Psychology, Diploma in Clinical Psychology | Lahore

review-stars

440 Positive Reviews

AOA. I hope your clinical psychologist if qualified n trained must be treating you well as per SOP's. Please trust in him n follow his advices. Please tell him every thing n don't hide so that he can give you full confidence.

Psychologist in Lahore - Huma Aftab Sheikh

Huma Aftab Sheikh - Psychologist

BS ( Hons) Psychology ,MS (Clinical Psychology & Counseling Psychology) | Lahore

review-stars

53 Positive Reviews

i would suggest dont google for ur issue, put your trust in ur psychologist if u are feeling better and if its not effective then switch otherwise continue with zeal.

Psychologist in Rawalpindi - Ms. Yasmeen Zahra

Ms. Yasmeen Zahra - Psychologist

MSc Clinical Psychology | Rawalpindi

review-stars

9 Positive Reviews

Dear a sex therapist can help deeply, CBT is very helpful however some more work has to be done as this alone is not satisfying you

Psychologist in Islamabad - Ms. Ayesha Umer

Ms. Ayesha Umer - Psychologist

MS Clinical Psychology | Islamabad

review-stars

41 Positive Reviews

aoa
trust on your psychologist
she/he is well trained that's why using CBT, your psychologist is doing best for you
and would like to suggest you don't google for your problems it may mislead you

Psychologist in Bahawalpur - Laiba Zahid

Laiba Zahid - Psychologist

BS (Hons) Psychology | Bahawalpur

review-stars

22 Positive Reviews

i appreciated that you open up with us second thing is no single medicine or any techniques can remove your trauma or any memory the thing is when you learned things to cope up with this you can confront it very easily with more power you learned the things that how to get over it. and mainly your psychologist is surely helping you with heart if you need more help you can check my account for sessions

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories