Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychologist on Attention & Respond Issue

person-avatar

Asking For Other, Male 4, Lahore

Aoa, My son aged about 4 yrs has been going through the issue of delayed speech, we have been conducting his speech therapy for more than 5 months coupled with the diagnosed drops for reduction of his anger. While encountering this disease, my concern is that he doesn't respond to our words or calls except few words of his own interest, like 'aao chalen' or 'aa jao'. His listening ability sounds ok then why he doesn't respond all the words and gestures, Please guide in this regard, Thanks

Psychologist in Gujranwala - Rabia Tanveer

Rabia Tanveer - Psychologist

Msc (Psychology), Diploma (Clinical Psychology), B.T.T.C (Behavioral Therapy Training Course), ADCP, Training of Addiction Professionals of Pakistan, DHMS (in process) | Gujranwala

review-stars

1006 Positive Reviews

waalaikum asalaaam
...... you can call me...through marham.... you can book an appointment through marham....tc.....

Psychologist in Lahore - Faria Rehman

Faria Rehman - Psychologist

Ms (Clinical Psychology) | Lahore

review-stars

135 Positive Reviews

Aoa dear. Your son have delayed speech problem and you have complain that he response just some words. There my concern is that may be your son have other behavior issues with this problem so please take some psychological test and detail assessment report. According his assessment reports, psychologist make plan his treatment. If you want take my appointment through marham and contact me. Inshallah my team give you good response regarding your son. Allah hafiz

Thanks for the guidance,
I shall definitely contact your team soon INSHA ALLAH

5 years ago

Psychologist in Karachi - Iqra Sarfaraz

Iqra Sarfaraz - Psychologist

Mphil (Clinical Psychology) | Karachi

review-stars

5 Positive Reviews

Your son need psychological assessment.... result will show clear picture of you child problem

Psychologist in Lahore - Nida Ghani

Nida Ghani - Psychologist

MS (Clinical Psychology), BS (Applied Psychology) | Lahore

review-stars

46 Positive Reviews

need psychological assesment

He has been diagnosed Mild Autism Disorder 1 year ago, and undergoing speech therapy along with some anti-aggression drops suggested by Psychiatrist.
I am concerned about his lack of focus/attention while we talk to him, as he doesn't maintain eye contact at all, soo distracting kid

5 years ago

Psychologist in Karachi - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Tahira Yousaf

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Tahira Yousaf - Psychologist

MSc, MPhil , PhD (Clinical Psychology), Diplomas in Complementary Therapies of Hypnosis, Diplomas in Complementary Therapies of NLP, Diplomas in Complementary Therapies of DBT | Karachi

review-stars

27 Positive Reviews

To identify if he has communication disorder or social pragmatic disorder or autism, there has to be a proper assessment. You will need to take him to a psychologist for assessments.

Does he establish eye contact? Any unusual movements or vocal or motor tics? What are his own interests?

He has been diagnosed 'Mild Autism Spectrum Disorder' 1 year ago, and so far his speech therapy along with schooling and drops suggested by a psychiatrist is being administered on daily basis for more than 5/6 months,
But I am worried about his lack of interest or absence of focus while listening or responding to someone, he is frank with his mother only, but still soo moody in responding.
He doesn't maintain eye contact, but if it comes to mood, he on his own instance does the same also.
My concern is; his lack of focus, interest and eye contact.
What should I do?

5 years ago

He uses to roll his eyes a lot when someone stares at him, his pitch of voice gets increased when he notices someone noticing him but he tries to ignore him by rolling his eyes on the other side, only voice sounds taa taa chhh chhh.
He likes bright colours, loves to align the toys in a row with the contention of maintaining that line straight, his behavior gets changed when he finds his mother and gets out of control sometimes by laughing or shouting or hitting something with wall.

5 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories