Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychiatry on Suffered Panic Attack

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Male 22, Dammam, Ksa

Hi Doctors!

Age 22 No medical history No mental health issue history No stress, no serious issues No financial issue

Incident: Just a few hours back suddenly while letting out myself and having a discussion, I suffered a panic attack. Felt numbness in hands, legs and fingers became stiff and turned, couldn't move them, and avoid talking, kind of numbness around forehead, body shaking and a stomach ache afterwards. Was about to experience a tightness in chest when suddenly I realised it's a panic attack and tried to calm myself down. it took around 1.5 hrs to get back to normal. Followed by a few short crying episodes.

History: No history of any mental health issue or disturbance, a bit sensitive in nature but not that much, a social, lively and a jolly person. Not a stress taker as well. I take things very lightly but these days I have been in a different environment, moved to ksa and not happy here, a sudden change of env. with an urge to get back to pk.

Issue: Pls guide how

Psychiatrist in Lahore - Dr. Aafia Malik

Dr. Aafia Malik - Psychiatrist

MBBS, FCPS | Lahore

review-stars

344 Positive Reviews

may be situational . you must consult a psychiatrist to get proper assessment and treatment.
https://www.marham.pk/doctors/lahore/psychiatrist/dr-aafia-malik

Psychiatrist in Lahore - Asst. Prof. Dr. Ayaz M Khan

Asst. Prof. Dr. Ayaz M Khan - Psychiatrist

MBBS, FCPS, MD | Lahore

review-stars

55 Positive Reviews

Dear!

Thank you for sharing your concern.

You have shared both the incident and history quite well.

Risk of getting Panic attacks do increase when someone feels like being entrapped due to life circumstances. This could be one of the triggers like getting stuck out of home (land).

Please share: what is it specifically that you need my guidance for?

Regards

Thank you Doc for the detailed response!

I just need to know how to cope up with this situation atm to avoid getting into depression.
Although, I am moving back and the trigger could be sorted out.
But till now I have a bit difficulty in falling asleep, takes 2 hrs these days and an unpleasant mood.

Is there something that should be done or will it get back to normal once normal environment is restored?

Thanks

3 years ago

Psychiatrist in Lahore - Asst. Prof. Dr. Ayaz M Khan
Asst. Prof. Dr. Ayaz M Khan - Psychiatrist

MBBS, FCPS, MD | Lahore | Book Appointment

review-stars 55 Positive Reviews

What you can do now is: we can talk about this and try to overcome the sleep and mood disturbance, and control anxiety attacks (as they may reoccur anytime).

https://www.marham.pk/doctors/lahore/psychiatrist/asst-prof-dr-ayaz-m-khan

Changing
environment is one factor, that might be helpful. But we need to find all the possible underlying causes and address them for full and long term recovery.

Regards

3 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories