Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychiatry on Bipolar Disorder

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Female 28, mirpur

i am a bipolar disorder patient and currently i am on several antidepressants due to severity of depression.these are escitalopram,olanzapine,fluxotiene,venlafaxine and butrin.i also take mood stabilizer but i feel my memory is not good.when i write something on my own i feel i am not that much creative as i used to be and less motivated also.antidepressants have grabbed my creativity.could anyone tell me the right combo of antidepressants.

Psychiatrist in Peshawar - Asst. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Saqib Siddique

Asst. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Saqib Siddique - Psychiatrist

MBBS, DCPsych (IRE), FCPS (Psychiatry), Certified Cognitive Therapy, MRCPsych (UK) | Peshawar

review-stars

39 Positive Reviews

Hi there. I understand its a difficult time for you for you. This is a very delicate situation and an advice can only be given after detailed assessment. Any change has risks of relapse of illness associated with it. So please speak to a Psychiatrist for full assessment. I hope this helps.

Psychiatrist in Quetta - Prof. Dr. Ghulam Rasool

Prof. Dr. Ghulam Rasool - Psychiatrist

MBBS, FCPS (Psychiatry) | Quetta

review-stars

290 Positive Reviews

Tab. Brintellax 10mg one at night daily along tab. Pinaz (olanzapine) 10mg one at night daily

Psychiatrist in Lahore - Dr. Shuja Ur Rehman

Dr. Shuja Ur Rehman - Psychiatrist

MBBS, FCPS(t), Psychiatrist | Lahore

review-stars

34 Positive Reviews

In bipolar disorder we use a different type of medications in especially the entire the presence or effective but the major drug that is very useful in bipolar disorder is actually Lithium but before starting the Lithium we need renal profile the function of Kidneys because Lithium is released from the body through the Kidneys if the Kidneys are working well we can use it

Member of Marham-Forum

Welcome, I am sorry to say that it is difficult to understand with this short account of the history, you need to mention what medications are you taking currently and their doses and since how long, and what is the duration of your illness and how many episodes have occurred so far? a detailed account of history is required in this case for a proper understanding of symptoms and diagnostic re-evaluations! as guidelines in bipolar disorder, antidepressants should not be started as first-line therapy where mood stabilizer and antipsychotics are recommended then the patient can be started on antidepressants, but many antidepressant medications at one time are not recommended, as your concern about your creativity is being affected and that need to understand because antidepressants do not have any effect on creativity, it may be your way of thinking due to your illness or maybe any other reason need to understand, you are advised to visit a psychiatrist or book an online appointment for further guidance. Thank you

Psychiatrist in Lahore - Dr. Aafia Malik

Dr. Aafia Malik - Psychiatrist

MBBS, FCPS | Lahore

review-stars

344 Positive Reviews

you need detailed evaluation. according to the current mental state and diagnosis medications should be reviewed and decreased.
https://www.facebook.com/Dr.AafiaMalikPsychintellects/
Follow this link to view our catalogue on WhatsApp: https://www.facebook.com/Dr.AafiaMalikPsychintellects/
call for appointment 042-32591427,

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories