Book Video Consultation

Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Pediatrician on Underweight

person-avatar

Asking for Other, Male, 1.6 years old, Karachi

My baby age 16 month was born underweight, and now hes weighting 8kg, hes very active MashAllah, he burns all his calories I thnk. Plz guide me with a meal plan and how much quantity he should intake in one time. Right now he eats approx 125-175gm . Cerelac Khidchi Suji hareera In different timings. But hes stomach mostly seems empty when I put him to sleep. Hes on BF, I try to give him Formula milk once a day. SIMILAC3. Plz help me out , he cannot chew, only front teeth , four up, two below ones. I give everything in puree form.

General Practitioner in Karachi - Dr. Maheen Altaf

Don't take stress. When did weaning started?? When did you stop breast feed and put him on top feed?


0

0

Member

Member


weaning strtd at six months . He is still on BF. I try to give formula once a day but not regularly.

2 years ago

Member

Member


I also give him half boil runny egg.
Oats n chickn
What other milk options do I have? For milk shakes, custurd? Can I buy any low fat milk from the departmental store or buffalos milk?

2 years ago

General Practitioner in Karachi - Dr. Maheen Altaf

Give meal 5 times a day as children take small quantities so you can increase frequency. with 3 proper meals try to give 1 healthy snack in evening such as carrot sticks or any soft fruit that he can digest easily. Give milk 2 times

2 years ago

Member

Member


Doctor,
Heres what I give him,
Breakfast 1 bowl of cerelac 175gm approx around 10-11am
Then he sleeps with BF
At 2:30 to 3:00 pm snack banana
Then lunch after one hour 175gm of bowl of khidchi or dalya
Then BF.
At 8-9 dinner
Suji hareera or Cerelac.

Is that ok what I am giving?
Plz guide me what m.I missing, how may I make a better meal.plan.
I just cry for myself wmthat I am not doing it well.
Also his teeth not coming out. Only six teeth he has.

2 years ago

Physiotherapist in Islamabad - Ms. Namrah Ahmed

Ms. Namrah Ahmed - Physiotherapist

BSPT, DPT | Islamabad

review-stars

52 Positive Reviews

Good enough!
You can add formula milk more than once.. especially when baby is about to sleep..just give him a bottle.


0

0

Member

Member


Does not take bottle, spoon feed

2 years ago

Attach Photo here: