Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Pediatrician on Sleep Disorder

person-avatar

Asking for Other, Male, 3.5 years old, Karachi

My son is 3.5 years old and he used tk wake up from sleep screaming and yelling from a young age we thought that he must have gotten scared of something. Sometimes he would just hug his father and go to sleep other times he would scream and yell until I calmed him down or his father showed up. Recently since he has started to communicate better he gets scared in his sleep. When we wake him and him he makes weird expression and says there's some loud sound coming from somewhere and gets extremely scared. We try to calm him down but it goes away on his own and then he's completely normal and either goes to sleep or wakes up. Please tell me what I can do for this is this dangerous. I looked it up on Google and came across the term exploding head syndrome. What kind of doctor should we see for this?

Pediatrician in Lahore - Dr. Mansoor Ahmed Mazari

Child needs to be investigated for OBstructive sleep apnea.

What kind of doctor should we see!?

5 years ago

Pediatrician in Lahore - Dr. Jamil Ahmad Khan

Dr. Jamil Ahmad Khan - Pediatrician

MBBS, MRCPCH (London), MRCP (Glasgow) | Lahore

Night Terrors.

Have a read on following link

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/night-terrors/

Psychologist in Karachi - Daniyal Riaz

Daniyal Riaz - Psychologist

Mphil (Clinical Psychology), Lisenced Hypnotherapist (USA) | Karachi

review-stars

93 Positive Reviews

Visit me at The Modern Hospital Karachi opposite Safari Park for child assessment.

Pediatrician in Karachi - Dr. Anokhi Shaheen Khanum

Sounds like Sleep Terrors which is not uncommon in children. Please make sure your child has proper sleep hygiene, which means bed by 7:30pm, no screen time before bed time. The WHO recommends no or limited screen time before 5 years of age. So make sure its not more than 1 hour a day. Physical activity and a balance diet are also important for good health. Children grow out of sleep Terrors, but if you are concerned see your pediatrician. Here is a link from the American Academy of Pediatrics on nightmare and sleep terrors, please have a read.
https://www.healthychildren.org/English/ages-stages/preschool/Pages/Nightmares-and-Night-Terrors.aspx

Pediatrician in Islamabad - Dr. Intisar Ul Haq

Dr. Intisar Ul Haq - Pediatrician

MBBS, FRCPCH(UK), MRCPCH(UK), MRCP(Ireland), CCT Paediatrics(UK) | Islamabad

review-stars

2 Positive Reviews

I agree it sounds like night terrors. This is relatively common in young kids and should not cause any long term problems.

If child us otherwise well during the day, developing normally and thriving well then nothing to worry about.

Member of Marham-Forum

I have not seen a single patient since you took the payment from me. V sad

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Pediatrician

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories