Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Pediatrician on Puberty And Harmone

person-avatar

Asking for Other, Female, 10 years old, Karachi

At 9 years 9 months a girl got her first period in a normal way . Can u please tell is it too early that she got her period at this age. I visited to a gynaecologist to ask that everything is normal.she said that it’s normal at this age to get her periods but she said that her height may stop at this age she gave me a bone age test and suggested some injections to stop the period through this so her height may grow.I visited for second opinion to another doctor she said no to these injections and refer me to endocrinologist .kindly give me a clear answer regarding the height of the girl as I’m so worried about her. What are the supplements she should take for growth of her height?

Member of Marham-Forum

Dear Member,
Your query has been approved and the relevant doctor has been tagged. You will receive the answer soon.

You can also discuss your issue with GP via video call for just Rs. 30. If you want to book an appointment with a GP, please visit this link:

https://www.marham.pk/online-consultation/general-physician
Thank you.

Member of Marham-Forum

Don't take any medicine, if you are not sick. Medicine is only for patient. Eat healthy diet. Drink milk, home made juices etc.

Pediatrician in Lahore - Dr. Tabinda Nageen

Dr. Tabinda Nageen - Pediatrician

MBBS, FCPS (Paediatrics) | Lahore

Dear Parent,
If your daughter is 9years+9months old means she has started has normal menstrual cycle.
Just before starting menstrual period girls have increase in height velocity but after starting menstruation growth slow down markedly and girls only grow 1-2 cm more.
This is all natural process.
But if you feel your daughter is too short in her height and you want her to grow a little bit more then it is better to consult an Endocrinologist because this treatment requires very precise dosage and monitoring like bone age assessment and height monitoring.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Pediatrician

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories