Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Pediatrician on Pidiatrician

person-avatar

Asking for Other, Female, 0.7 years old, LAHORE

Assalamualaikum.. My daughter is 7 months old her belly button is still popped out it doesn't got inside. Its been 2 weeks since some grayish matter popped out from inside of it I took it out and cleaned it and yesterday was black matter inside it. Is it normal or something is wrong?

Pediatrician in Abbottabad - Dr. Ammara Khalid

Dr. Ammara Khalid - Pediatrician

MBBS, FCPS | Abbottabad

review-stars

3 Positive Reviews

Wslam, belly button seems healthy and normal in picture. Secondly there is nothing to worry about as belly button seems protruded or popped out till 2 to 3 years of age, after 2 years it will go back. I would advise to clean belly button superficially with soap and water. If there is pusy or watery discharge frm it, do let me know

Pediatrician in Karachi - Dr. Farheen Naseem

Dr. Farheen Naseem - Pediatrician

MBBS, MCPS Medicine, MRCP (UK) | Karachi

review-stars

20 Positive Reviews

w.salam belly botton seems normal dear its normal and this belly botton normaly goes normal in age of 2 yr

Pediatrician in Karachi - Dr. Ulfat

Give her Daily bath. this is normal no need to worry . Maintain proper hygiene if there's pussy discharge then let me know

ggttt

4 years ago

Pediatrician in Faisalabad - Dr. Yawar Abbas

Dr. Yawar Abbas - Pediatrician

MBBS, FICP, CAMS (Paeds) | Faisalabad

review-stars

3 Positive Reviews

This is Umbilical Hernia ; it usually occurs in highly windy & over crying babies, or when the baby has frequent episodes of cough,
You are supposed to feed your baby while in your lap & later burp for good about 25 minutes so that the baby may be able to pass the wind properly.
Another simple manoeuvre is to see a big coin in thick cotton cloth and place it in the center of the belly button along with the cross word surgical tape, only detach when you are supposed to give bath to your baby, otherwise keep it well in place, as explained above, this should be continued for 2 to 2 & a half months.

Pediatrician in Islamabad - Dr. Intisar Ul Haq

Dr. Intisar Ul Haq - Pediatrician

MBBS, FRCPCH(UK), MRCPCH(UK), MRCP(Ireland), CCT Paediatrics(UK) | Islamabad

review-stars

2 Positive Reviews

wa alykum salam
looking at the picture, there is NO sign of hernia and the belly button appears normal shape and size.

nothing to worry about. simply keep it clean

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Pediatrician

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories