Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Pediatrician on My Baby Girl Is Not Taking Her Milk

person-avatar

Asking For Someone else, Daughter, Female, 1 Years old, sargodha

Asalam alaikum my daughter is 5 months old and she is not taking her milk properly mean no problem while sleep but when she is awake its really tough and she cries during this period. Kindly suggest. Is it ok or some gas problem or should i be worried and consult a doc. We are using feeder.

Pediatrician in Layyah - Dr. Muhammad Afzal Khan

Dr. Muhammad Afzal Khan - Pediatrician

MBBS, MRCPCH II, MCPS | Layyah

review-stars

4 Positive Reviews

How recent is this problem? If recent sometimes a local mouth condition such as an infection caused by a fungus, commonly known as thrush, may be the reason. In thrush a whitish or curd like material covers tongue, inner side of the cheeks or lips. There may be some sores inside mouth. If you find anything unusual take a picture and upload it by tapping the + sign above.

Thanks alot sir i visited doc and said she has throat infection. But she is getting this infection alot and she is not taking cerelac. Should we try something else or wait for 6 months

3 years ago

MBBS, MRCPCH II, MCPS | Layyah | Book Appointment

review-stars 4 Positive Reviews

Throat infection such as Streptococcal Sore Throat needing treatment with antibiotics usually does not occur before 2 years of age. That caused by viruses is mostly associated with runny nose and cough and doesn’t need treatment with antibiotics. As regards introduction of solid foods one should wait until 6 months of age.

3 years ago

MBBS, MRCPCH II, MCPS | Layyah | Book Appointment

review-stars 4 Positive Reviews

*does not need treatment

3 years ago

Pediatrician in Islamabad - Dr. Sehreen Imran

Dr. Sehreen Imran - Pediatrician

MBBS, MCPS, E- Doctor | Islamabad

should get it checked for local peoblem or feeding techniche

Pediatrician in Lahore - Prof. Dr. Saima Ahsan

Prof. Dr. Saima Ahsan - Pediatrician

MBBS, FCPS (Pediatrics), MSc | Lahore

Get her checked by a Pediatrician to differentiate between any disease or faulty technique

Thanks alot mam i visited doc and said she has throat infection. But she is getting this infection alot and she is not taking cerelac. Should we try something else or wait for 6 months

3 years ago

Pediatrician in Karachi - Dr. Sehrish

infants always need to be consulted. better to get her checked

Thanks alot sir i visited doc and doc said she has throat infection. But she is getting this infection alot and she is not taking cerelac. Should we try something else or wait for 6 months she has gained wait .5 kg this month which should be at least 1.

3 years ago

Pediatrician in Lahore - Dr. Ali Arshad

Dr. Ali Arshad - Pediatrician

| MBBS | FCPS (Pediatrics) | Certificate in Health Professions Education (CHPE) | | Lahore

waos. please consult and get her weight taken. if good weigh gain, you should consider offering her start diet in addition to milk. if still problem persists, get her checked in person or online

Pediatrician in Karachi - Dr. Samina Habib

Dr. Samina Habib - Pediatrician

MBBS, FCPS, PGPN | Karachi

review-stars

20 Positive Reviews

She may be suffering from infantile colic. Do you give her any drops for colic? How much milk she takes? May be she doesn’t feed properly

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Pediatrician

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories