Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Pediatrician on Jaundice Of New Born

person-avatar

Asking for Other, Male, 0.1 years old, Lahore

i had c section on 30th june. I was 34 weeks plus and due to sluggish movements, I was planned C section. At birth, my baby was not well with some lungs issues and was admitted to NICU for 6 days. Was on oxygen started range 2.5 and gradually removed. At 5th day, heb was diagnosed with Jaundice and treated with phototherapy. Attaching reports. Was discharged at 4th julyb 11 pm. Nowb today bat follow up, doc againb advised for jaundice test, attachingb reports. Plz tell me isb it treatable with mother feed only or something else at home? v or nursery treatment is necessary? I am devastated by looking my little with needles every day. Weight 2.6 lenght 50cm

Pediatrician in Lahore - Dr. Aimen Sajjad

Dr. Aimen Sajjad - Pediatrician

MBBS, MRCPCH, FCPS (Resident) | Lahore

review-stars

10 Positive Reviews

Unfortunately yes your baby needs to get hospitalised again, kept under phototherapy and bilirubin levels monitored very regularly. No doubt its very devastating to see your baby in pain but its for his good and if treated promptly it would be over in no time Insha’Allah

Pediatrician in Karachi - Dr. Sehrish

15 is high, phototherapy is required. further, cause of jaundice is also needed to find out

Pediatrician in Lahore - Dr. Wafa E Aisha

Dr. Wafa E Aisha - Pediatrician

MBBS, FCPS (Paeds Medicine) | Lahore

review-stars

22 Positive Reviews

bilirubin levels are high, baby needs hospitalization and of course phototherapy.

Pediatrician in Layyah - Dr. Muhammad Afzal Khan

Dr. Muhammad Afzal Khan - Pediatrician

MBBS, MRCPCH II, MCPS | Layyah

review-stars

4 Positive Reviews

Your baby was born before term and is at a greater risk of developing adverse effects of jaundice of the newborn. Contrary to the oldwives tales it should not be treated at home with sunlight etcetra if phototherapy is indicated because of high laboratory jaundice level result.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Pediatrician

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories