Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Pediatrician on Green Poop And Allergy

person-avatar

Asking for Other, Male, 0.6 years old, Karachi

Asalam o alikum My 6 months old is doing dark green color poop since last 10 days. He is on breast feeding and i started cerelac 1 month ago. I noticed rashes near diaper area and small white patches too. I am giving him entrogermina half ampoule twice a day since last 3 days and applying coconut oil or hydrozole on patches and rasher. No other medicine. What could be the reason of green poop?

Pediatrician in Lahore - Dr. Maria Aleem

Dr. Maria Aleem - Pediatrician

MBBS, MCPS (Traninig Completed) | Lahore

review-stars

1 Positive Reviews

How many poops per day ? Is he is having fever or having noisy chest, blocked nose ? I would suggest to keep the baby open and dry as much as you can. Do not use scented wipes to clean him. Keep him hydrated give extra small feeds. And get his Stool R/E done if possible. Continue Hydrozole cream. Ask for any query if still there.

At first there are 3 to 4 poops per day but now its 1 or 2 per day.
No fever or noisy chest but blocked nose i guess.
Can you tell me what are these white patches? Skin feels rough (small pimples like) If i rub finger over those patches.

4 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

Walaikum Salam, you do not need to worry about colour of stool as long as baby is active and his appetite is normal. colour change can be due to a number of reasons like change in diet, diarrhea. You can add zinc supplement syrup for a week for early recovery

Member of Marham-Forum

walaikum salam, green colour of stool is common in babies. it can be due to change in diet or diarrhoea. you do not need to worry if baby is active and eating normally. you can add zinc supplement syrup for a week for early recovery

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Pediatrician

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories