No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Pediatrician on Formula Milk For Underweight Baby

person-avatar

Asking For Other, Female 1, Lahore

Assalam O Alaikum

Respected Doctors!

I am little bit confused and seeking for information from Pediatric.

My baby weight was 2.2 Kg at the time of birth now she is 7 weeks old and her weight is almost 3 Kg. My spouse is breastfeeding her as well as using formula milk to cover the deficiency of her own milk. Doctor at the time baby birth recommended me to use Meiji FMT but I am not satisfied with Meiji. Another pediatrician recommended me to use Enfamil A+ instead of Meiji FMT.

So kindly advise me which formula milk is better for underweight baby should I switch to Enfamil A+ (Premature)?

Thanks.

Pediatrician in Lahore - Dr. Reema Razzaque

Enfamil is recommended. For a detailed session, you can book an appointment with me

Pediatrician in Islamabad - Dr. Sehreen Imran

Dr. Sehreen Imran - Pediatrician

MBBS, MCPS, E- Doctor | Islamabad

this needs a proper discussion . also need to know the gestation age .

Pediatrician in Multan - Prof. Dr. Ghulam Mustafa

Prof. Dr. Ghulam Mustafa - Pediatrician

MBBS, FCPS, MCPS, Fellow Pediatric Pulmonology & PICU | Multan

review-stars

24 Positive Reviews

First of all please be assured that mother milk is never insufficient. It is the wrong technique that is the problem. Otherwise even two children can feed sufficiently. The more milk a baby gets the more it is produced. So it would be your kindness to your baby to keep exclusively on breastfeeding. If you use both, then he will leave way the mother milk and will opt for the bottle. And if you have decided to poison your dear baby(I call powder milk poison as compared to mother milk), the Enfamil is much better a poison than Meiji. No need for premature formula. Give normal. But I again advise for exclusive breastfeeding. You may like to show mother breastfeeding and I can help with proper child, mother postures and latching. Or you can see some you tubes.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Pediatrician

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories