Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Pediatrician on Dry Patches On Scalp

person-avatar

Asking For Other, Male 0, Lahore

hi doctors. My son is 2 months old. He is having dryness issues. First his face used to get dry. I started applying nexton baby lotion twice a day. Thankfully it got better. Now he is having dry patches on his scalp where there are more hairs.The patches are hard and thick. They get off if i try with my nail. I am applying only coconut oil. But i want to be sure that this is normal and is there any other oil or ointment that i can use for quick and better results. I am also sharing the picture here. Please have a look. I am worried.

Pediatrician in Lahore - Dr. Jawad Ahmed

Diagnosis
Cradle cap/Seborrheic dermatitis
Cradle cap and seborrheic dermatitis in infants usually clears up on its own in weeks or months. In the meantime, you may want to loosen and remove the scales on your baby's scalp:

Wash your baby's hair once a day with mild, tear-free baby shampoo.

Gently remove scales with a soft brush or toothbrush.

If the scales don't loosen easily, apply a small amount of mineral oil or petroleum jelly to your baby's scalp. Let the oil to soak into the scales for a few minutes to several hours, if needed. Then use a soft brush or toothbrush to remove scales. Shampoo your baby's hair as usual.

Pediatrician in Peshawar - Dr. Ghulam Hussain

Dr. Ghulam Hussain - Pediatrician

MBBS, FCPS-1 | Peshawar

review-stars

38 Positive Reviews

pic findings are suggestive of seborric dermatitis...

Pediatrician in Peshawar - Dr. Ghulam Hussain
Dr. Ghulam Hussain - Pediatrician

MBBS, FCPS-1 | Peshawar | Book Appointment

review-stars 38 Positive Reviews

apply Johnson baby shampoo to scalp daily..use liquid paraffin for scales to keep scalp moist and oily..also u can use conaz lotion twice weekly as shampoo..these remedies will work

4 years ago

Physiotherapist in Islamabad - Ms. Namrah Ahmed

Ms. Namrah Ahmed - Physiotherapist

BSPT, DPT | Islamabad

review-stars

36 Positive Reviews

use steiprox shampoo..it will definitely treat your baby's scalp, kindly don't apply any kind of oil..also use paraffin for baby's skin..face and body.

how do i apply paraffin?

4 years ago

BSPT, DPT | Islamabad | Book Appointment

review-stars 36 Positive Reviews

Johnson paraffin jelly is available in the market..or petroleum jelly can also be applied.

4 years ago

Does it come again? even after treating with steiprox shampoo?

4 years ago

BSPT, DPT | Islamabad | Book Appointment

review-stars 36 Positive Reviews

you have to use steiprox shampoo daily..and em suggesting paraffin for baby's body..not hair..

4 years ago

General Practitioner in Rahim Yar Khan - Dr. Khizra Ali

Dr. Khizra Ali - General Practitioner

MBBS | Rahim Yar Khan

review-stars

1 Positive Reviews

Kindly tell your family history and get an appointment dont give steroids to a baby

Pediatrician in Riyadh - Dr. Saadia Waqas

Your child has seborrheic dermatitis.Use emulsifying ointment for washing head and body every 2-3 days,use like warm water for shower.Dont use towel to pat dry.leave the ointment stick a bit on head and body.(you can get emulsifying ointment from any good chemist).Try to avoid any shampoo or soap with fragnance especially Johnson products.Steiprox shampoo should not be used in young babies esp this age group.

thank you

4 years ago

I should wash the head with emulsifying ointment or i should apply it after the bath?

4 years ago

Can you please tell me any brand of emulsifying ointment to be easily found in lahore?

4 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Pediatrician

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories