Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Pediatrician on Covid Care For Toddlers

person-avatar

Asking for Other, Female, 2 years old, Rawalpindi

Greetings, My mother's covid test came positive on monday, since then me and my wife have had symtoms as well. My daughter who is 2 year and 3 months started having fever from Wednesday. We have been giving her penadol and thag subsides her fever. We didn't totat morning and she had 100.5 F fever again.

She had a loose stool for 2 days but that is better now (gave entamizol) She is active and normal, sleeps well.

Just wanted to ask, should we give something else as well? How long does fever last in covid toddlers, and what should we observe

Pediatrician in Islamabad - Dr. Sehreen Imran

Dr. Sehreen Imran - Pediatrician

MBBS, MCPS, E- Doctor | Islamabad

this is not a good news.they should hv blood test done . 2 yr and 3 month is v young age . can detoriare without knowing. you should take them to hospital. need to hv proper follow ups . 14 days is average for illness can last even longer .

Pediatrician in Rawalakot - Asst. Prof. Dr. Raja Imtiaz Ahmed

usually its a mild infection in kids fever for few days n loose motions untill there is no respiratry symptoms no need to worry just continue with panadol

Pediatrician in Layyah - Dr. Muhammad Afzal Khan

Dr. Muhammad Afzal Khan - Pediatrician

MBBS, MRCPCH II, MCPS | Layyah

review-stars

4 Positive Reviews

It is rare for children to have severe COVID 19. Antibiotics do not help in this disease. For diarrhoea just ORS may be given if stools are watery. Simple fever medicine like paracetamol should be given in case of high grade fever. Please, take her to a hospital in case you notice unusual signs like red eyes, cracked lips, tongue looking like a strawberry, a skin rash, lumps in the neck or peeling off of skin on palms or soles.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Pediatrician

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories