Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Pediatrician on Baby Spitting Up

person-avatar

Asking For Other, Male 1, Islamabad

My baby is 45 days old.I have changed formula milk 5 days ago from bf1 to nan opti pro 1. Baby has started spitting up all the milk and now the frequency of spits up has increased. Baby spits up milk more than consumed. She has nasal blockage and chest congestion as well. And medicine helped to get red of it. Is accessive vomiting due to change of milk? Should i go back to the previous milk? Also baby has gained. 84 kg in 45 days.

Pediatrician in Karachi - Dr. Farheen Naseem

Dr. Farheen Naseem - Pediatrician

MBBS, MCPS Medicine, MRCP (UK) | Karachi

review-stars

20 Positive Reviews

84 kg im not getting ur point dear 84 kg is not normal thing if u havnt typing misktake.please write ur query again dear.and please use norseline drops in both nostrile before feed and give proper burp after every feed and tell me acurate wieght of ur baby

That's 840 gm.

4 years ago

Pediatrician in Abbottabad - Dr. Ammara Khalid

Dr. Ammara Khalid - Pediatrician

MBBS, FCPS | Abbottabad

review-stars

3 Positive Reviews

spitting is most probably due to nasal blockade, nevertheless babies take time to get used to a different formula
weight gain is quite good that means his nutrition and diet is adequate
right now use salinase drops to clear nasal bockade 1 to 2 drops in each nostril 4 times a day or whenever nose is blocked
also steam inahalation but donot place baby's face near source of steam
if the problem doesn't resolve , you should ask again

Should i switch back to older formula?

4 years ago

Pediatrician in Abbottabad - Dr. Ammara Khalid
Dr. Ammara Khalid - Pediatrician

MBBS, FCPS | Abbottabad | Book Appointment

review-stars 3 Positive Reviews

not now, give it some time....one week probably, till then chest infection would be okay and we can watch for improvement

4 years ago

Pediatrician in Islamabad - Asst. Prof. Dr. Rizwan Shafeeq Ahmad

Asst. Prof. Dr. Rizwan Shafeeq Ahmad - Pediatrician

MBBS,FCPS (peads) | Islamabad

review-stars

2 Positive Reviews

All babies spit some milk. Best solution is letting him burp after each feed. Check daily weight. If any decrease in weight, you will need checkup in clinic. Otherwise letting him burp is enough. No medication at this stage. Change of milk company sometimes helps but you need to go through hit and trial. 

Baby is crying alot and spit up quantity is too much.

4 years ago

Pediatrician in Faisalabad - Dr. Yawar Abbas

Dr. Yawar Abbas - Pediatrician

MBBS, FICP, CAMS (Paeds) | Faisalabad

review-stars

3 Positive Reviews

BF 1 is fine enough, you should have continued with the same formula milk.
Main fault lies on your side as you are supposed to feed your baby, while in your lap and do burp properly for good about 25 minutes, later abdominal messages for 2 to 3 times a day will give you additional benefits.
If there is nasal blockade, instill normal saline nasal drops ; 2 to 3 times a day, for Chest congestion you are supposed to get a proper check-up for that matter.
AC breeze must not be directed towards the baby and the room temperature should be according to the baby's comfortability and not for the comfort of the parents.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Pediatrician

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories