Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Pediatrician on Baby Not Taking Mother Feed

person-avatar

Asking For Wife, Female 28, Mandi Bahauddin

salam respected Dr’s.My baby is of 2 months he is not taking mothers feed actually my wife unfortunately is suffering from piles she is on medication due to which baby not taking feed plz suggest to whom we should consult... need your kind Advice Thanks in advance

Pediatrician in Karachi - Dr. Hafsa Ibrahim

Dr. Hafsa Ibrahim - Pediatrician

MBBS, MCPS (Paediatrics) | Karachi

review-stars

52 Positive Reviews

What medication is she taking for piles. There is no such association between feedinf and pukes. If the child have suddenly stopped feeding u need to visit a doctor to check for thrushes and sore throat

Pediatrician in Dera Ghazi Khan - Dr. Karim Qureshi

plz highlight the meds taken by ur wife. if you are giving formula milk along with mother feed then baby will opt formula milk. if you are giving only mother feed and baby has just stopped taking it then you should consult a pediatrician.

daflon 500mg,rabixion casules, axcin 500 mg, caflam 50mg,oily phenol submucosal injection. above mentioned medicines are given by Dr. baby is taking formula milk along with mother's feed but he don't take mother's feed

3 years ago

Pediatrician in Dera Ghazi Khan - Dr. Karim Qureshi
Dr. Karim Qureshi - Pediatrician

MBBS,FCPS | Dera Ghazi Khan | Book Appointment

there are no such drugs in the above mentioned list which are contraindicated during lactation. you can breastfeed your baby. avoid feeder. give only mother feed.

3 years ago

Pediatrician in Islamabad - Dr. Sehreen Imran

Dr. Sehreen Imran - Pediatrician

MBBS, MCPS, E- Doctor | Islamabad

w.asalam , if the baby was given top feed it will be difficult to restart mother feed . as top feed is easy food and for mother feed baby will hv to make an effort . and was it advised by docter not to feed with currunt medication ?

after delivery mother's feed wasn't coming dr advised formula milk .. mother feeding started almost 2 weeks later baby was taking mother feed somehow but not to much .. unfortunately wife caught by piles now he immediately refuses mother feeding

3 years ago

Pediatrician in Islamabad - Dr. Sehreen Imran

Dr. Sehreen Imran - Pediatrician

MBBS, MCPS, E- Doctor | Islamabad

it will be difficult to return to mother feed . but its not impossible. or either she can try expressing her feed and give by bottle . at room temperature the feed can be kept for 2 hrs. and your wife should take desi recipies for milk production.

Thanks mam..

3 years ago

Pediatrician in Layyah - Dr. Muhammad Afzal Khan

Dr. Muhammad Afzal Khan - Pediatrician

MBBS, MRCPCH II, MCPS | Layyah

review-stars

4 Positive Reviews

As my learned colleagues have said babies once introduced to bottle feeding may refuse breastfeeding as the former is easier to take. I suggest giving breastfeeds first whenever your baby is hungry. If he/she does not take it all and is still hungry give formula milk with a cup and spoon. I hope this will re-establish breastfeeding.

Pediatrician in Multan - Prof. Dr. Ghulam Mustafa

Prof. Dr. Ghulam Mustafa - Pediatrician

MBBS, FCPS, MCPS, Fellow Pediatric Pulmonology & PICU | Multan

review-stars

24 Positive Reviews

Dear! There is no reason that a mother with piles, even on drugs, can’ t feed the baby. Also there are all the reasons that the baby will again start feeding mother feed. But it needs a bit of preservance on the part of mother and family. May take some time but you will definitely succeed in shaaAllah. Let me know if you are determined to give best feed on earth to your baby.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Pediatrician

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories