Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gynecologist on Breast Pain And Thickening

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 26 years old, Ghotki

Breast pain and thickened areas in outer quadrants two weeks before menses. A breast surgeon examined and prescribed evening primrose oil last year, it helps with the pain but the rope like knots, ridge-like texture remains throughout. Since the last two periods, I have noticed symmetrical thickening in outer quadrants which is not going away. Not being able to meet a doctor due to covid. Are these fibrocystic changes? Do I have something to worry about?

Member of Marham-Forum

Dear Member,
Your query has been approved and the relevant doctor has been tagged. You will receive the answer soon.

You can also discuss your issue with GP via video call for just Rs. 30. If you want to book an appointment with a GP, please visit this link:

https://www.marham.pk/online-consultation/general-physician
Thank you.

Gynecologist in Bahawalpur - Dr. Mehwish Rasheed

Dr. Mehwish Rasheed - Gynecologist

MBBS, FCPS (Gynecology) | Bahawalpur

if there is no swelling and only pain then continue with primrose oil.cap.Evian one daily along with it.examine breast after menses every month

Thank you for answering doctor. Swelling varies, it occurs before some periods and sometimes does not.

4 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

Should I get an ultrasound done?

Gynecologist in Islamabad - Dr. Sheema Rahim

Dr. Sheema Rahim - Gynecologist

MBBS, FCPS GYNAECOLOGY AND OBSTETRICS | Islamabad

Please get an ultasound done if possible ,otherwise do regular breast self examination.

Thank you for replying doctor. I perform a monthly self exam after periods end. But due to the extreme texture already present inside, it is difficult to notice changes.

4 years ago

There is more pain around periods but pain can be felt throughout the month upon pressing breasts.

4 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories