Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to General Practitioner on Fibromyalgia And Myofascial Pain Syndrome

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Female 17, Lahore

A.A Doctors! I'm suffering from this condition called fibromyalgia since I was 13. I've pain in my whole body and extreme exhaustion that is continuously interfering with my studies and routine activities. I also have insomnia, stomach cramps and concentration problems along with anxiety, fast heartbeat,mood swings. I've been to many doctors but none could diagnose the cause. Recently a doctor in CMH Lahore diagnosed that I've fibromyalgia and prescribed me antidepressant, muscle relaxant and inderal and some exercises but nothing is working for me. My exams are near and I have to prepare kindly I need serious suggestions.

General Practitioner in Lahore - Dr. Malik Jazib Atta

Aoa, i have got the treatment for you through this disease, book an online appointment with me in marham so shall i may guide you through it and end this pain.

okay but how'll you treat Sir? I mean What's the treatment plan

3 years ago

General Practitioner in Peshawar - Dr. Khalid Nawaz

The only treatment for fibromyalgia is Antidepressants..
also change life style like
Stress management. Develop a plan to avoid or limit overexertion and emotional stress. ...
Sleep hygiene. Because fatigue is one of the main components of fibromyalgia, getting good quality sleep is essential. ...
Exercise regularly. ...
Pace yourself. ...
Maintain a healthy lifestyle.

not antidepressants my friend

3 years ago

okay Thank you Sir

3 years ago

General Practitioner in Vehari - Dr. Abiha Rauf

Ws.... Dear pt u need to hapines nd sm counceling nd rest... Nothing z wrong only do exercise nd keep bzy to urself. Inderol z gud for palpitation... (fast heart beat) but only when condition z sever nt everyday... Accept it that you hav fibromyalgia nd take it easy.. U will fel betr. Muscle relxnt z ok but on altrnate day... Othrwise addication of any medicin z nt gud... Tab. Brexin 1 bd.... . Tab calcium. 1 OD.... B happy Tc... Stay blessd.

wrong treatment

3 years ago

Thank you doctor ?

3 years ago

General Practitioner in Multan - Dr. Muhammad Ahmad Sarwar

take an appointment ! this required proper treatment .

General Practitioner in Muzaffar Garh - Dr. Muhammad Ans Sharif

Dr. Muhammad Ans Sharif - General Practitioner

MBBS, MD | Muzaffar Garh

review-stars

15 Positive Reviews

I have treated several patients while working in Neurology in America. You can book an online consultation with me.
https://www.marham.pk/online-consultation/general-practitioner/muzaffar-garh/dr-muhammad-ans-sharif-20927

General Practitioner in Lahore - Dr. Shahzeb

Dr. Shahzeb - General Practitioner

| MBBS | | Lahore

review-stars

102 Positive Reviews

U need proper medication for fibromyalgia... InshaAllah u will b fine... U can contact me online.

042-32591427,

https://www.marham.pk/doctors/lahore/general-practitioner/dr-shahzeb

General Practitioner in Karachi - Dr. Madiha Yousuf

take appointment online

General Practitioner in Wah Cantt - Asst. Prof. Dr. Faisal Wadood

Asst. Prof. Dr. Faisal Wadood - General Practitioner

Dotcor of Medicine, Masters of Public Health, Masters in Hospital Administration | Wah Cantt

If it is Fibromyalgia, you should have tender points on the front and back of your neck and collar bone, on your knees and elbows and on the top of your hips.

Once it has been diagnosed as Fibromyalgia, the medication is indeed anti depressants, which need to be taken for at least 6 to 12 months.

You should also continue graded exercise and manage stress. The problem is in the fibers of your muscles and is painful, but not usually dangerous. So hang in there!

yes doctor I have these tender points

3 years ago

Dotcor of Medicine, Masters of Public Health, Masters in Hospital Administration | Wah Cantt | Book Appointment

Ok. Please continue treatment and your exercises and please be patient. You don't have anything dangerous so relax. Do your exercises and keep that stress down. Occupy things you like to do to keep your mind off it. And prepare for your exams well. Good luck!

3 years ago

Thank you Sir

3 years ago

I know it's not a dangerous and progressive disease but the muscle relaxant is not easing my pain I feel so exhausted all the time

3 years ago

Dotcor of Medicine, Masters of Public Health, Masters in Hospital Administration | Wah Cantt | Book Appointment

Pain relievers and muscle relaxants don't usually work in Fibromyalgia. The anti depressant given to you will do the trick in time. But you'll have to be patient. The most important thing is to be positive and be patient. The more you stress yourself, the worse the symptoms will become.

3 years ago

Sir do you know why there so little research on this disease. I mean they don't even know the exact cause.

3 years ago

Maybe because it's not as common as other diseases. But treatment options are being developed. There are many diseases we don't know a lot about. But research is ongoing

3 years ago

you are right sir stress is the main element in exaggerating the symptoms When I'm stressed my pain get worse. Sir can you recommend some hospital where they provide proper treatment for fibromyalgia the doctors that are specialized to treat it kind of pain management center

3 years ago

Rheumatologist in Karachi - Dr. Asif Ali Shah

Dr. Asif Ali Shah - Rheumatologist

MBBS, MRCPI, FCPS (Medicine), MRCPS | Karachi

review-stars

28 Positive Reviews

Hi
I am Rhumatologist working in UK
we are dealing with Fibromyalgia

get online consultation
I will guide u properly

Attach Photo here: