Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to General Physician on Chest Pressure

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Female 56, Faisalabad

I have bp and sugar for 10 years, I take (gatryl+ trivia) for sugar and (zestoratic) for bp. now since last week of Ramadan, I am feeling slight pain in the chest specially after eating something. I don't have any history of heart diseases but I sometimes have stomach problems for which I take Risek and Mucan. My ECG also came out to be normal, but my bp is normally on higher side (140/80), chest congestion is not consistent, it happens and then becomes normal, but it happens specifically after or before eating something. please guide.

Member of Marham-Forum

Dear Member,
Please again post your query with proper history and picture.
You can also discuss your issue with GP via video call for just Rs. 30. If you want to book an appointment with a GP, please visit this link:

https://www.marham.pk/online-consultation/general-physician
Thank you

General Physician in Karachi - Dr. Kholod Shafi

Dr. Kholod Shafi - General Physician

MBBS, Certified Fitness Trainer, Certified Nutritionist | Karachi

review-stars

26 Positive Reviews

If it is happening associated with meals then it can indigestion. Do you feel gas or heavy full stomach or discomfort ,pressure in chest heaviness ,breathing difficulty after eating.then you are suffering from acid reflux. If there is increase water in mouth or burping this all indicates indigestion. Cut down on fries pily food. What is your weight? Do you take any inhalers for chest congestion?

no , I don't use inhaler, no burping or heaviness in stomach too. my bp is high even now (150/80) ,I mostly feel fatigued and hungry, is there a way to bring down bp safely? I do not want to go to cardio because hospitals here are overflowed by corona patients.

4 years ago

review-stars

26 Positive Reviews

150/80 is not very high bp. For hypertensive patient this could be normal depending what is your normal with medicines. What is the dosage of zestoractic your taking. You should lie down for 10-15 mins relax and the ask someone to fake bo. Hope your bo apparatus is in good working order. This slight high bp of 150 can be controlled with good diet and exercise just walk would help.. 80 diastolic is a good pressure. Take a relaxant at night you will feel better if not taking any yet

I take 20mg zestoratic daily. bp apparatus is in good condition, its manual not automatic, so I think I can safely rely on the results. is it safe to take Norvasic if I have high bp?

4 years ago

MBBS, Certified Fitness Trainer, Certified Nutritionist | Karachi | Book Appointment

review-stars 26 Positive Reviews

what us your bp in general which you consider normal. 150/80 doesn't need extra medication. if this has been persistent for a 2 weeks then dose adjustment or additional medicine with dietary habits needs to be seen. Mostly less stress appropriate sleep well a diet changes help to bring it to 140.

4 years ago

thank you, god bless you. my normal is usually 130/80, but it reaches 170-150 sometimes, I had to go to cardio center last month but my ECG came out fine, they gave me pills to bring down the bp, now after almost one and a half month, my bp is shooting again, and I feel pressure around chest area when its at 160-170 level, also I feel anxious, fatigued and hungry when its that high. I will definitely try to take relaxants at low dose, because high dose of it lowers my sugar level.

4 years ago

review-stars

26 Positive Reviews

please keep hydrated and lessen oil and salt in diet. Speedy recovery!

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with General Physician

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories