Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to General Physician on Artificial Sweetener

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 25 years old, Fsd

I've been using artificial sweeteners since last 5/6 yrs like canderal/sucral/stevia But my family says that I shouldn't be using these as im TTC. Is there any scientific background of this? Any side affects? And what alternative can be used other than sugar and sweeteners?

General Practitioner in Karachi - Asst. Prof. Dr. Uzma Hameed

Asst. Prof. Dr. Uzma Hameed - General Practitioner

MBBS, Mphil | Karachi

review-stars

132 Positive Reviews

yes artificial sweeteners are not good for heart health instead of this use natural sweeteners like honey or gurh but in less quntity

General Physician in Okara - Dr. Sonia Aslam

Is there any indication for using artificial sweeteners? Like Diabetes or Obesity or just a lifestyle change? Because different conditions have different management and yes artificial sweeteners are hazardous for health.

Mainly life style change as diabetes runs in family and definitely to maintain weight

5 years ago

General Physician in Okara - Dr. Sonia Aslam

Good to hear that there is no problem....as yet :). As you go for life style modification please choose healthier options i.e natural sweeteners like honey and fruits. Artificial sweeteners trick our brains in a way that we start consuming artificially sweetened food in excessive quantity in a guilt free manner; also other options like fruits appear less appealing to us once we get used to the taste of sweeteners.

5 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

Alright Thanks Dr.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with General Physician

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories