Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gastroenterologist on Heartburn, GERD, Gastro Issue

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Male 27, Lahore

I was diagnosed with GERD a month ago. Doctor prescribed Esomeprazole 40mg 1+0+0 for 21 days along with Itopride 50mg 1+0+1 for 10 days. I completed this course of medicines and GERD and heartburn symptoms were relieved. Now I am feeling burning sensation in my esophagus again after a week after course completion. Please advise how to effectively treat GERD and heartburn permanently.

Member of Marham-Forum

Dear Member,
Your query has been approved and the relevant doctor has been tagged. You will receive the answer soon.

You can also discuss your issue with GP via video call for just Rs. 30. If you want to book an appointment with a GP, please visit this link:

https://www.marham.pk/online-consultation/general-physician
Thank you.

Gastroenterologist in Attock - Dr. Noreen Azam

Dr. Noreen Azam - Gastroenterologist

MBBS, FCPS (Gastroentology) | Attock

Aoa, it is not only the medicines which work u also need dietary precautions like avoiding triggrers such as tea , spices , citrous foods n certain medications . U should start cap nexum 20 mg one in morning n one at night for two weeks n dietary precautions ...

Gastroenterologist in Karachi - Dr. Muhammad Tanweer Khalid

Dr. Muhammad Tanweer Khalid - Gastroenterologist

MBBS, FCPS (Gastroentrology) | Karachi

review-stars

44 Positive Reviews

this needs life style modification...avoid spicy meals..oily meals...reduce weight if obese..avoid tea coffee and soft drinks...no late night meals..no excessive stomach filling...use esomeprazole for 8 weeks.

Gastroenterologist in Karachi - Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana - Gastroenterologist

MBBS, MRCP, FCPS Gastroenterology | Karachi

review-stars

54 Positive Reviews

The definite treatment is surgery. However if your symptoms are very well controlled with once a day Esomprazole; I suggest you to continue that. Or if you are not willing to take medicines for so long then try to reduce weight and take anti reflux measures
Which are raising head end of your bed with wooden or cement block. Take small meals , give at least a gao of 3 to 4 hourd betweem night meals and going to bed. Avoid taking mints, coffee, tea , corbonated drinks after meals.
I hope this will help

thank u sir...should I take esomeprazole 40mg once or 20mg twice a day?

4 years ago

Gastroenterologist in Karachi - Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana
Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana - Gastroenterologist

MBBS, MRCP, FCPS Gastroenterology | Karachi | Book Appointment

review-stars 54 Positive Reviews

40 mg at morning

4 years ago

Gastroenterologist in Faisalabad - Prof. Dr. Hafiz Mughees Ather

Prof. Dr. Hafiz Mughees Ather - Gastroenterologist

MBBS, FCPS (Gastroenterology), FCPS (Internal Medicine), MRCP (Internal Medicine), 5 ERCP | Faisalabad

review-stars

66 Positive Reviews

continue esomeprazole

sir please suggest which dose is preferable for me? 20mg esomeprazole twice a day or 40mg once daily?

4 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories