Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Dermatologist on Infection/Virus

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Male, 30 years old, Rawalpindi

Im infected my shingles/herbes zosters. Im taking Acyclovir 800MG from Ferozsons company from yesterday and im taking 1 tablet after every 4 hours 5 times a day. Im not observing any recorvery as blisters are getting bigger and hurting with itching. My question are: 1- Im 30 and my doctor said this is a desease of people above 50. Why I had this and what else should I do or get to get rid of it ? 2- 800MG Acyclovir makes me dizzy when ever i take it as im taking 5 times a day after every 4 hours.

Dermatologist in Lahore - Dr. Wajid Ali Abid

It can occur at any age.continue acyclovir along with calamine lotion and tab diagesic p twice daily for pain along with antiallergic once a day. It takes time so Hav a patience.

Dermatologist in Lahore - Dr. Zahid Shahzad

Dr. Zahid Shahzad - Dermatologist

MD, Diploma in Dermatology | Lahore

It’s not the disease of 50s it can appear at any adult age. Continue treatment and follow advice of ur dr. It will take at least one 7 week to recover .

Dermatologist in Karachi - Dr. Obaidur Rehman

Dr. Obaidur Rehman - Dermatologist

MBBS, MD (USA), D.DERM (LONDON), MRSM | Karachi

review-stars

20 Positive Reviews

First of all, anti-viral oral medicine works only in Herpes Simplex provided the patient start that in time.
In HZ oral anti-viral hasn't got much role to play. It takes about 5 days to fully establish HZ water filled blisters. After that it starts to heal and takes about 3-weeks for the disease activity to finish. However because most of the time it gets infected with bacteria, therefore appropriate antibiotics are prescribed. Pain killers as well. Sometimes pain may persist for months after compete healing.
I would like you to apply calamine lotion say 10-15 times daily with your hands very carefully. Don't use cotton pads. This will reduce burning and itching sensation considerably.

HZ used to be a disorder of the elderly but not any more. I have seen children of less than 15 to have it. Sometimes it may also occur twice in a lifetime as well.
Regards

Homeopath in Lahore - Dr. Muhammad Umar Farooq

Dr. Muhammad Umar Farooq - Homeopath

DHMS, RHMP (PAK) | Lahore

review-stars

48 Positive Reviews

If you want to get permanent solutions need your more symptoms and history to treat your problems so take appointment and get rid of your problems

Homeopath in Lahore - Dr. Muhammad Umar Farooq
Dr. Muhammad Umar Farooq - Homeopath

DHMS, RHMP (PAK) | Lahore | Book Appointment

review-stars 48 Positive Reviews

Meanwhile take penalty of water and walk daily in morning and night after dinner also avoid oily, junk food and spicy foods

4 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories